Sunday, May 8, 2011

I did it!!

I finally made it. After four long, challenging years, I finally made it! I graduated yesterday from Maryville University with my Bachelors of Fine Arts in Studio Art. I went back to school when I was 41 and my three children were 19, 6 and 5. My 19 year old was away at college herself and my husband had just started back to get his Masters Degree.  I really don't know what I was thinking LOL! All I know is that I felt I needed to do something in my life that was ONLY for me and all about me. Something that made me feel like I was accomplishing a goal of my own. Something not for my husband or kids or anyone else. Not in a selfish way though, because in another way it was FOR my kids. I wanted to be smarter and set a good example for them too. I am so glad that I did. There were tough times, times I felt like giving up or at least taking a break...but I didn't. I kept going. One foot in front of the other, one paper, one project, one day at a time. And ultimately, the time just flew by! I am very happy this Mother' s Day, I know my mom and pop are smiling down on me and their lessons and love and memory have helped me and inspired me to achieve this wonderful dream. I am grateful for my mom and grateful to BE a mom...and now a mom with a college degree!!
*thank you from the bottom of my art
kp

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS !!! WOO HOO !!!! Well Done YOU !!!! :-)

    what a fabulous achievement !!! I am thrilled for you :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations !!!!

    Now go to Grad School !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 million kudo's and congratulations. This is a big thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I followed you over from facebook. Great blog. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hip hip hooray!!!! I am just over here busting my buttons for you!!! :) way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations - i know what it feels like to be a more mature student - got my honours degree last year. yipee

    ReplyDelete

I thank you from the bottom of my art for leaving a comment!