Tuesday, March 1, 2011

south city

I finished this painting today! I am so glad I finished it because about halfway through I was overcome with the urge to gesso over the whole thing. I resisted though, because I had already put quite a bit of time into it and I already had gessoed over once! I felt like I should give it a chance and see it through.
I am glad I did because I really love the feel of it now and think it will be a wonderful addition to my show! I am so happy that i was able to listen to my heart and continue with this painting. I hope you like it too!
South City 
18x18 acrylic
on studio board
artfully yours,
xokp

5 comments:

  1. i love how this dear city has become mosiac-like.
    beautiful kristen!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this one!!!! It's so lyrical. I don't know of any better way to describe it for you. Just wonderful!
    Rose & Studio Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW I love it... sorry I havent been around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot, would have been a shame if you had gessoed it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I'm not a professional artist, but it really catches my eye. And I LOVE the mosaic-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you from the bottom of my art for leaving a comment!